5/11/09

Dietitian......

Well good news is I may of finally found why Bailey just will not sleep during the night. Bad news is that it could take months to know for sure. Bailey not sleeping could be a result of his allergy's or intolerance's he may be having quite bad tummy pains which is why he may be up all night not wanting to eat but cuddle. She also asked me what his bowels were like I told her that they are never soft they are either very hard or very runny and she told me that it was an irritable bowel!

Bailey had his appointment with the dietitian today once she got a run down of what a typical day was for Bailey she asked to have a look at his exzcma, which luckily enough was pretty bad today-don't get me wrong I don't want my little boy itchy but I also wanted to show them what it got like. Once she seen his exzcma she stated that it was the worse she had seen in awhile and that I should get some steroid cream off my paediatrician. I told her that it generally takes awhile to get into my paediatrician and she said oh OK and that was that no hint on what else i could do besides the steroid cream!!! Luckily I do have an appointment with my pedi on the 21st of this month. I did mention this to her and she told me to mention it to him then.'

Onto his diet Bailey is now solely reling on bottles with some ground rice 3 times a day. I was a bit disappointed because we were going so well with the foods and he was only having 4 bottles sometimes 5 a day. Now he has to have 5-6 bottles a day as well as this ground rice 3 times a day. She has basically taken him back to the real basic basics. She thinks he may be allergic to infant cereal as well so that's why we have taken the ground rice first. We will do this for a week if his exzcma does not flare up or if he does not have irritable bowel or trouble sleeping still we have to stop that and try and find other things.

Bailey has not been himself today very very clingy to me he is cutting his two eye teeth down the bottom and has a bit of a cold so we will see if this resolves itself or not. Hopefully it will. He is a little trouble maker and was trying to pull the dietitians tools out everywhere!!! With only Two days till Tommy's operation and Baileys birthday on Friday I may not have time to get back on here till Saturday so you will have to excuse me. We have a pre-op appointment tomorrow for Tommy.

Oh and guess what exciting news I have we are getting our little kitten on Saturday I can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment