5/8/09

Planning Meeting and May Ball!!!!

Hey all, in a bit of a rush today so it will only be a short post. Bailey had a planning meeting today with OT and PT to discuss where he is at, the concerns they have with him and where we need to go in the future.

Most of the concerns they had with him were as i expected to do with his fine motor skills. It goes a bit like this PT says "I'm really happy with were he is at" me "I am too he has come a long way in two months" her "The only concern I have with hi\m are his feet when he is standing he is on his tipytoes and we will have to watch that if it is the same in a couple of months we will put some splints on his ankles" me "Ummm ok" her "Now i want to discuss our new goal for Bailey. I want him to be pulling to stand in the next 3 months" me "ummmmm that might be hard" her "Why" me "cause he is already doing that"!!!! Yes thats right people my little man with less then a week to go till his birthday is pulling to his knees mostly but got up the other day to his feet!!!

OT was not as good i won't go into conversations because it will be very long but things that he isn't doing is opening his hands he is still putting them into fists which crawling is great for opening them up. He is still having tremors which I'm not really sure what they arfe going to do with that. He isn't putting his left arm above his head he can't do it. He is also having problems with balnce and just one that I thought was really funny lol he has a low attention span she told me that he doesn't have your attention for very long and is distracted easily! So we are to work on all those and see her monthly.

Ryan has what's called a "May Ball" tonight he is in prep and the grade 10's present the preps to the whole school and its about mothers day as well i won't bore you with all the details but i have a little suit for him and he is very excited about it!He also brought me home a little mothers day present which is so cute i told him to wait till mothers day to give it to me and he said no i want to give it to you now so it was a handmade bowl, some choccies and biscuits very sweet. Anyway i best be off Bailey with his new found standing antic hasn't learnt to gert himself back down yet and he is stuck and crying!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment